Who? Community Members
- Youth-serving organizations
- Religious and fraternal organizations
- Civic and volunteer groups
- Healthcare professionals
- Other organizations involved in reducing substance abuse
- State, local, & tribal agencies with expertise in substance abuse
- Law enforcement
What? DRUG FREE COMMUNITY COALITION
A Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Coalition is a monthly meeting where community members discuss drug trends and other issues affecting our youth and community. We learn how we each play a vital role in creating a healthier, substance free environment for our youth; which in-turn builds a stronger, more connected community for us all.
- Navajo County ranks 14 out of 15 for the least healthy outcomes in Arizona.
- Between 2019 and 2021, there was a 172% increase in fatal opioid overdoses.
- In 2021, 37.3% of overdose deaths occurred at an individual’s home and 41.4% occurred at an “other” location such as a hotel/motel, the street, a workplace, or unknown location.
- During that same year, 117 overdoses were REVERSED by Naloxone being administered.
- 105 doses of Naloxone were given by first responders and 12 by a layperson or bystander. That is 117 lives SAVED!
- The problem isn’t going away, but YOU can help make a difference!